As per the latest guidelines issued by various State Government today, driver-partners operating three and four-wheelers on the platform will be available to serve mobility needs on the Ola app, with the highest levels of safety precautions in the states of Karnataka, Telangana, Delhi, Haryana, Chandigarh, Punjab, Tamil Nadu (except Chennai), Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, and Assam. This also brings relief to millions of drivers-partners whose livelihoods depend on serving citizens on a daily basis.
We are committed to raising the standards of safety and hygiene with our various initiatives to secure the well being of both driver-partners and customers. In all of the 160+ cities where Ola is now operational, enhanced safety protocols are applicable across every single trip. This includes compulsory mask usage for driver-partners and passengers, complete sanitization of cars post-trips, adhering to social distancing norms by limiting to two passengers per ride amongst other key steps through our ’10 Steps to a Safer Ride’ initiative.’ We urge all users to strictly adhere to local guidelines to undertake only essential trips with all safety precautions.
The company has mandated driver-partners and customers to follow 5 precautionary steps each, encouraging them to practice social distancing, sanitization measures and personal hygiene etiquette at all times. The protocols have been divided as follows:
- No travel in containment zones: Vehicles will not operate to and from Government identified containment zones.
- Selfie-authentication of drivers: All driver-partners are required to wear masks and need to authenticate this before the start of every ride by sharing a selfie through their partner app.
- Equipped with hygiene kits: Driver-partners will be provided with masks, sanitizers and disinfectants and can avail these at all walk-in centres across their cities.
- Cars to be cleaned regularly: Common surfaces like the handle, inner handle and seat to be cleaned before every ride.
- Flexible cancellations: Drivers and customers are being given the option of cancelling a ride if the other is not wearing a mask to ensure their own safety as well that of subsequent users.
- Wearing a mask is compulsory: All customers boarding the cab need to wear masks and should sanitize before and after every ride.
- AC to be switched off: To avoid re-circulation of air, the AC will be switched off and windows will be kept open during all rides.
- 2 passengers per car: Only two passengers per ride will be allowed in the cab. They will also be urged to sit by the windows on the rear of the car.
- Load and unload luggage themselves: To help maintain social distancing, customers are urged to load and unload luggage themselves.
- Cashless payments: Customers are encouraged to make cashless payments for the rides to avoid any unnecessary contact.